David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard turned neo-Nazi, officially endorsed Donald Trump Wednesday on his self-produced radio program, telling his listeners that voting for anyone besides Donald Trump “is really treason to your heritage.”
As first reported by BuzzFeed News, Duke urged his listeners to start volunteering for the GOP front-runner, saying “I’m not saying I endorse everything about Trump. But I do support his candidacy, and I support voting for him as a strategic action. I hope he does everything we hope he will do.”
The former reality show-turned-politician has struck a hateful chord among active white supremacy groups nationwide with his rhetoric about banning Muslims from the US and calling Mexican immigrants rapists and drug dealers.
“I’m telling that it is your job now to get active. Get off your duff. Get off your rear end that’s getting fatter and fatter for many of you everyday on your chairs. When this show’s over, go out, call the Republican Party, but call Donald Trump’s headquarters, volunteer,” Duke said “They’re screaming for volunteers. Go in there, you’re gonna meet people who are going to have the same kind of mindset that you have.”
In a facebook post responding to the media backlash, David Duke was predictably unapologetic in his response:
100 major media articles about me today, but not one dared to call to call me and interview on why White Americans are overwhelmingly supporting Donald Trump.
They are obviously afraid to hear the logical reasons I offer.
1) Because we must secure our border
2) Because we break the power of the Jewish Federal Reserve and predator banks Goldman Sachs that are robbing us blind.
3) Because we are tired of massive Jewish money and lobbies controlling American politics
4) Because we sick and tired of Zio Wars
5) Because we don’t war Word War III with Russiia
6) Because like every people on Earth, White people have a right to preserve their heritage, their nations, their values, and provide for a decent, not a THIRD WORLD future for our children.
7) Because Trump exposes the lies of a controlled media and a controlled opposition media (Fox News)
Even the New York Times admits that the Republican rank and file have adopted my political programs. Donald Trump has the same positions I had in 1992 in the primaries where even though I was illegally kept out of debates I scored lot more support than Paul, Carson and others in primaries I was not illegally kept out of.
The fact that Trump (and others) say what I say almost 25 years ago does not make him bad, but it makes me pretty damn good.
By the way, you can read my essays and hear my interviews before the Iraq War in 2002 -2003 saying there were no weapons of mass destruction that the war in Iraq would be a disaster of America.
In every election I ever ran in starting in the 1970s I preached the necessity of securing our borders and the catastrophe that would befall our nation if we went to war.
Dr. David Duke
Ladies and gentlemen, America. 2016. Your front-runner for the GOP nomination.